Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo ~ 2023 Buying Guide
Our posts contain affiliate links. Sometimes, not always, we may make $$ when you make a purchase through these links. No Ads. Ever. Learn More
Table of Contents_
- Top 10 Microwave Toaster Oven Combos
- #1 Breville BOV800XL Smart Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #2 Samsung MG11T5018CC Countertop Grill Microwave
- #3 Instant Pot Omni Plus Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #4 Panasonic NN-GN68K Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #5 Galanz SpeedWave Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #6 Black+Decker Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #7 Sharp R1881LSY Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #8 KitchenAid KCO211BM Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #9 Emerson Griller Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- #10 Nostalgia RTOV2AQ Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
- How We Decided
- Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Buyer’s Guide
- The Most Important Features to Consider
To find the microwave toaster oven combo, you’ll need to determine the features that are right for you and your kitchen space. We recommend that you favor ovens with true hybrid functionalities, excelling at both toasting, baking, and microwaving, or at the very least offering up cooking speeds in line with microwaving. Make sure to also consider how powerful the oven actually is and how much space is available for ingredients. When buying a microwave toaster oven combo, always look for a durable build, plenty of internal room, and a powerful and versatile heating element.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven Convection Toaster…
Samsung MG11T5018CC Countertop Oven with 1.1 Cu….
Instant Omni Plus 19 QT/18L Air Fryer Toaster…
After analyzing hundreds of reviews amongst a multitude of products with varying price points and features, we’ve determined that the Breville BOV800XL Smart is the best microwave toaster oven combo on the market today. If you’re looking for more great products like this, then check out our best toaster oven buying guide.
Top 10 Microwave Toaster Oven Combos
#1 Breville BOV800XL Smart Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #1 Pick is the Breville BOV800XL Smart Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: Fantastic all-around choice for most families, with five quartz heating elements that cook as quickly as a traditional microwave, with a backlit LCD screen for easy programming and timer setting.
- Generous maximum capacity
- Backlit LCD screen for easy programming
- 1800w 5 quartz heating elements
- Exterior can get hot during use
- Non-stick interior may not suit all consumers
This Breville microwave toaster oven combo is a great choice for those who want microwave-like speedy results while allowing for toasting, broiling, baking, and other cooking functions. The cooking is spread across five quartz heating elements, adding up to 1800 watts of cooking power. We loved the generous maximum capacity here, which can easily hold six pieces of toast, and the backlit LCD screen, allowing for easy programming and timer setting.
Due to the convection-based design, the exterior can get pretty hot during use, so we’d recommend caution and to make sure you leave a few inches of space between the oven and the wall. If space is a concern, you can opt for the best built in microwave that’s built into the wall. Additionally, the non-stick coating throughout the interior helps with cleaning, but may not suit consumers who are sensitive to certain chemical compounds. You might also like our best air fryer toaster oven buying guide for additional cooking options.
#2 Samsung MG11T5018CC Countertop Grill Microwave
Our #2 Pick is the Samsung MG11T5018CC Countertop Grill Microwave
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: Great choice for quick microwave-friendly recipes, with a convection-based heating option for air frying and shipping with a grilling plate for making pizza and crispier-than-average foods.
- Scratch-resistant ceramic enamel interior
- Includes grilling rack and plate for crispy foods and pizza
- 1300w power grill
- Not the largest interior capacity
The Samsung MG11T5018CC Countertop Grill Microwave is a powerful model that offers microwave cooking and convection-based cooking, the latter allowing for air frying, toasting, and more. We loved the scratch-resistant and nonstick interior, adding to the durability and ease-of-cleanup. We also appreciated the premium mirrored black matte aesthetic, which should suit the needs of nearly any kitchen.
This is a somewhat heavy microwave toaster oven, however, clocking in at 34 pounds, which could be an issue when it comes time to change up the kitchen scheme. Also, the internal capacity is somewhat lacking, allowing for just four slices of toast. If you’d like a rotisserie function, our best rotisserie toaster oven guide has some wonderful options.
#3 Instant Pot Omni Plus Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #3 Pick is the Instant Pot Omni Plus Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST FOR BAKING
WHY WE LIKE IT: Great choice for baking enthusiasts, as this model boasts specialized presets for baking cakes and related items, with a durable stainless steel form factor, and a generous 26L maximum capacity.
- Generous maximum capacity
- Ships with rotisserie spits, forks, and lift
- 10 smart programs for variety of recipes
- Somewhat expensive
- Weighs about 30lb
The Instant Pot Omni Plus Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is the perfect choice for those who tend to enjoy baking cakes and related foodstuffs, as this air fryer combo unit features a number of presets intended for baking cakes, cupcakes, pie crusts, and more. We loved the generous 18-liter maximum capacity here and a series of smart programs for a wide array of different recipes. This model also ships with everything you need to make rotisserie chicken, including rotisserie spits, rotisserie forks, and more.
This is a fairly heavy combo oven, so take that into consideration before making a purchase. Also, the price here is higher than some competitors, likely due to the versatility on offer and the above-average components. You might also like the best kitchen appliances buying guide for more accessories.
#4 Panasonic NN-GN68K Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #4 Pick is the Panasonic NN-GN68K Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST PRESET OPTIONS
WHY WE LIKE IT: Versatile combo oven with a bevy of auto-cook preset options, a powerful infrared heating element, a child lock for safety, and a uniquely designed rack for broiling.
- Powerful infrared heating element
- Child lock for added security and safety
- Specially designed broiling rack
- On the expensive side
- Weighs 35lb
The Panasonic NN-GN68K Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is perfect for home cooks who value simplicity, as this model boasts a large array of auto-cook preset options, including a built-in timer. We loved the powerful infrared heating element, which offers speedy results in line with a microwave, and the specially designed broiling rack. This microwave combo oven also includes an integrated child lock, adding some peace of mind to busy families.
This is a fairly expensive convection toaster oven, however, likely due to the unique design and high-grade components. Additionally, this is a fairly heavy model, clocking in at around 35 pounds. If you’ll be making lots of toast, our best 4 slice toaster oven guide has some great options.
#5 Galanz SpeedWave Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #5 Pick is the Galanz SpeedWave Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST VERSATILITY
WHY WE LIKE IT: Extremely versatile combo oven that can microwave, toast, air fry, and just about anything else you need in the kitchen, with a durable stainless steel alloy build and a built-in humidity sensor for precise results.
- Built-in humidity sensor for precision
- Made with durable stainless steel alloy
- Ships with high-grade baking and roasting kit
- Weighs over 40lb
- Fairly expensive
The Galanz SpeedWave Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is a great choice for those looking to save some precious counter space, as this model offers an air fryer, a microwave, and a convection-based toaster all-in-one, allowing for unparalleled cooking versatility. We loved the durability on offer here, thanks to a stainless steel alloy design, and the fact that it ships with a high-grade baking and roasting kit. We also appreciated the built-in humidity sensor, allowing for perfect and moist cooking results.
This is a fairly expensive toaster microwave oven, thanks to the versatile nature of the design. Also, this is also a fairly heavy unit, coming in at a little over forty pounds, meaning it could be a struggle to move it around the kitchen at will. It’s a great option for anyone who’s been shopping around for the best stainless steel microwave.
#6 Black+Decker Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #6 Pick is the Black+Decker Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST ON A BUDGET
WHY WE LIKE IT: Budget-conscious combo oven with a beefy feature set, including a light and portable form factor, weighing just 8lb, and a convection heating element that offers speedy and precise results.
- Light and portable form factor
- Convection-based heating element for speedy results
- Integrated timer with automatic shutdown
- Exterior gets extremely hot during use
- Plastic components are not that durable
This Black+Decker Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is available at a budget-friendly price while offering some interesting and highly useful features, such as a light and portable form factor, as this oven weighs just over eight pounds. We appreciated the powerful convection-based heating element here, allowing for speedy results in line with a traditional microwave. We also liked the integrated 30-minute timer that can be programmed to automatically shut down after completion or to keep going, for longer bakes.
The exterior of this oven gets extremely hot during use, due to the convection-based design, so we’d advise caution. Also, many of the components here are made from plastic, which offers significantly less durability than models made from stainless steel and composite alloys. You might also like the best compact microwaves.
#7 Sharp R1881LSY Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #7 Pick is the Sharp R1881LSY Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST QUALITY
WHY WE LIKE IT: Best over the range microwave toaster oven combo, with a powerful 850w convection-based heating element, durable stainless steel components, and a handy interactive display for programming.
- Multi-color interactive display
- Durable stainless steel components
- Powerful convection-based heating element
- Installation can be difficult
- Extremely expensive
The Sharp R1881LSY Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is of exceptional quality, boasting a number of high-grade features including a handy multi-color interactive display for easy programming and timer setting. We appreciated the durable and aesthetically-pleasing stainless steel components and the powerful 850-watt convection-based heating element, which excels at microwaving, toasting, baking, broiling, air frying, and more.
Due to the nature of the over-the-range design here, the installation procedure can be somewhat frustrating, though all of the necessary components come with the initial purchase. Additionally, this is an extremely expensive model, likely due to the company’s good reputation for making high-grade microwaves and toasters.
#8 KitchenAid KCO211BM Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #8 Pick is the KitchenAid KCO211BM Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST PRECISION COOKING
WHY WE LIKE IT: Ships with a built-in temperature probe, allowing for ultra-precise cooking that results in perfectly prepared recipes, in addition to offering a pair of convection-based heating elements for speedy prep.
- Ultra-generous max capacity
- Attractive black matte design
- Pair of powerful convection-based heating elements
- Non-stick interior may not suit all consumers
- Bulky form factor
This Kitchenaid microwave toaster oven combo is a great choice for recipes that demand precision and exacting preparation, as this model comes with a built-in temperature probe that gives accurate readings as to just how hot the interior of the oven is at any given moment. We loved the generous maximum capacity here, which is enough for two whole chickens to be roasted simultaneously, and a pair of powerful convection-based heating elements. This is also an attractive convection microwave, with a gorgeous black matte exterior.
Though the large capacity is a definite plus with this model, it does contribute to a bulky form factor that could struggle to fit in smaller kitchen spaces. Also, the non-stick interior makes this oven easy to clean, but consumers who are sensitive to certain chemicals may not be pleased. For even more functionality, you might also want to consider the best convection microwave ovens.
#9 Emerson Griller Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #9 Pick is the Emerson Griller Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST VALUE
WHY WE LIKE IT: Value-friendly oven combo with some robust features, such as an integrated 99-minute timer with auto-shutdown and 12 versatile power options to suit nearly any microwave or grill-based cooking task.
- 12 versatile power levels
- Durable stainless steel components
- Built-in 99-minute timer and child-safe lock
- Weighs nearly 40lb
- Included power cable on shorter side
The Emerson Griller Microwave Toaster Oven Combo arrives at a value-conscious price while offering features in line with more expensive competitors, such as a bevy of highly useful power preset levels, which are perfect for both microwaving and grilling. We loved the integrated 99-minute timer, which included the ability to automatically shut down when the timer has gone off. We also liked the durable stainless steel components here, offering both aesthetics and security.
This is not the most portable toaster microwave on the market, as it weighs nearly 40 pounds. Additionally, the included power cord here is on the shorter side, coming in at just three feet long. It’s got great functionality and competes with the best microwaves on the market.
#10 Nostalgia RTOV2AQ Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Our #10 Pick is the Nostalgia RTOV2AQ Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
Award: BEST AESTHETICS
WHY WE LIKE IT: Extremely attractive retro-style design, with a pair of wire racks that effectively double the maximum capacity, allowing for 12 slices of bread or two 12” pizzas to be cooked simultaneously.
- Multiple racks for large max volume
- Relatively light and compact form factor
- Baking pans, crumb tray, and racks removable for easy cleanup
- Exterior can get really hot during use
- Aluminum exterior not as durable as steel
The Nostalgia RTOV2AQ Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is an aesthetically pleasing model that is sure to please those who gravitate towards retro-inspired designs. We loved the pair of wire racks included with this model, effectively doubling the maximum capacity and allowing up to twelve pieces of toast or two 12-inch pizzas to be cooked at the same time. We also appreciated the light and compact form factor, weighing under 20 pounds, and the fact that all of the internal components can be removed for easy cleanup.
Due to the convection-based design, the exterior of this oven can get plenty hot during use, so we’d advise a measure of caution. Additionally, many of the components here are made from aluminum alloy, which is sturdy but not as durable as stainless steel. If you prefer something smaller, the best small toaster oven could be a better option for you.
How We Decided
To help narrow down to the above list, we thoroughly researched a large number of microwave toaster oven combo units, ensuring that they excelled as both toasters and microwave ovens. To that end, we ended up choosing ovens with convection-based heating elements, as this type of heating element typically provides speedy results in line with what one would find with a traditional microwave.
We preferred high-quality microwave toaster combo ovens with plenty of versatility, allowing for simple microwaving and toasting tasks, in addition to grilling, broiling, air frying, and more. We loved ovens with generous internal capacities, for the purposes of cooking large family-sized meals. We also tended to choose models that were easy-to-clean, via nonstick internal components or machine washable trays and racks.
As for simplicity, we liked combo ovens with plenty of presets and programming functions, so consumers can just push a button or two to start the cooking process. Finally, we liked durable ovens, often made from stainless steel and related alloys, and those with built-in timers and childproof locks.
Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Buyer’s Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
- Heating Elements
When considering which microwave toaster oven combo unit to purchase, the heating elements should be of paramount importance. Additionally, the best toaster oven air fryer should be large enough and have a powerful heating element in order to accommodate larger items. It won’t be as big as a regular oven, but it should ideally fit bigger foods.
- Look for a model with a powerful and versatile heating element that can create plenty of heat, at least 450F. Moreover, the best microwave combo should be energy efficient and cook food quickly without wasting too much electricity.
- You will also want to consider a toaster with an integrated broiler function, for cooking versatility, and one with multiple rack positions, further upping the number of food items you can easily create.
- In fact, if you’re looking for the best microwave toaster oven air fryer combo with the best performance, consider a unit with multiple cooking settings and convection technology. This will give you the perfect option that’s the best of both worlds in one kitchen appliance.
- A setting for various cooking times is important too. Remember to compare models by looking at microwave toaster oven combo reviews.
- Be sure to check out the various types of heating on offer as well, as these units should boast both convection-based technology and circulation-based options, in addition to traditional microwave-based and traditional oven designs.
- Presets and Controls
You will want an easy-to-use microwave toaster oven combo, so look for simple and intuitive controls, via a heavy-duty rotary dial or an easy-to-read backlit LCD screen.
- For instance, if you’re looking for the best toaster oven air fryer combo, look for models that offer both air frying and convection baking.
- As for presets, these models tend to include a number of useful program functions to suit a variety of recipes. These presets can do wonders for popcorn, toast, chicken, frozen foods, pizza, and much more.
- Therefore, if you’re looking for a great microwave and toaster oven combo that can handle all your cooking needs, be sure to find one with plenty of preset functions.
- Additional Features
Modern microwave toaster oven combo models typically boast a bunch of additional features, such as removable crumb trays for easy cleaning, and a series of other dishwasher-safe components. As a matter of fact, the best toaster air fryer combo models will also offer an adjustable temperature dial, allowing you to select the best level of heat for cooking a variety of dishes.
- Some of these ovens can even excel at preparing rotisserie chicken, via integrated rotisserie baskets, rotisserie spits, rotisserie forks, and related accessories.
- Other models also include built-in timers and the capacity to automatically shut down when finished cooking, while others offer childproof locks for security and peace of mind.
- If you live in a small space like a studio apartment or dorm room, you should consider the dimensions as well to find a compact design that fits your space, like the best dorm microwave.
- You’ll also want to consider noise and consider getting a quiet microwave.
- Consider how easy the countertop appliance is to clean, since adequate maintenance will extend the longevity of your combination microwave oven. Usually a simple damp cloth is enough to wipe down your appliance after every use.
- On the other hand, if you get a top convection microwave above the range, it will be slightly harder to reach for cleaning due to its higher placement.
Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combination
The best microwave toaster oven combination gives you the option to cook foods that require microwaving and the ones that are best for a toaster or convection oven. While some people don’t use microwaves because of the belief that it is potentially harmful others, including myself, see it as a very important part of the kitchen. Sometimes you just don’t have time to wait for the oven to warm up to reheat your food. Other times you may need to just quickly boil some water for tea, etc. It’s an indispensable part of most kitchens.
But how do you choose the right one for your family? Well, below, we’ve done the research for you. You will find 3 of the best microwave toaster ovens that we’ve come across. But ultimately you will have to decide. As the “best” model for you, might be a terrible option for another shopper.
Table of contents
- Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
- Samsung MC11H6033CT Countertop Convection Microwave
- Samsung MC12J8035CT 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Convection Microwave – Stainless Steel, Black
- Benefits of a microwave toaster oven
- Cons of Microwave toaster oven
- Frequently asked Questions
- Summary & Recommendation
Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
This microwave toaster oven combo is a good option for most folks. It is affordably priced given its range of functionality.
Design, Size and Placement
The Cuisinart CMW-200 is a good looking machine. It has a stainless steel exterior and is sure to match nearly any kitchen décor as it is pretty neutral. To look at this machine, you would simply think that it is a microwave. The dark tinted glass is also a great feature that give it a sleek look.
But how big is this microwave? And will it fit on your countertop or other designated location?
If you’ve ever been to an appliance store then you know that there is a wide range of sizes for microwaves. While this machine is a decent size, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a comfy fit for it in your kitchen. It officially measures 20 x 14.5 x 12 (LxWxH) which translates to about 1.2 cubic feet of interior space.
You should also know that this machine isn’t one of those units that can be installed above the stove (our microwave is like that). This one will need to go on your countertop and it should have plenty of clearance to avoid a potential fire hazard.
Some kitchens have an open cutaway shelf or cubby hole built for the microwave. If you do have one make sure that the dimensions work for your space. For safety, you will need about 6-inches in the back for ventilation (refer to the manual).
On some microwave toaster ovens, the microwave and convection oven are separated. Like, the main housing is dedicated to the microwave while the toaster oven function gets a little slot on the bottom of the machine. This one is different, you microwave in the same place that you bake. That means that this is a fully functioning microwave and toaster oven.
In the interior, you may notice that there is a fan in the back of the unit.
Get more details on the Cuisinart CMW-200
Power and Performance
One of the main complaints about this model is that the power is too low. Rated at 1000-watts for both the microwave and the convection oven, some have complained that it takes too long to heat up even a cup of water. On the other hand you have folks are just satisfied with the power of this unit, it kind of touches that Goldilocks zone.
If the power is good enough for you, then you will be happy to know that this unit has a very useful feature. Have you heard of multiple stage cooking? Maybe. But have you heard of an appliance that can do it automatically. It works like this, let’s say that you have a frozen mac and cheese. You can set it to defrost, then bake, then grill it to get a browned top to finish it (there is a top heating element).
Note: When using this functionality, you should know that you should use a non-metal cookware if switching between microwave and convection oven functions.
Defrosting in a microwave is a feature that we use whenever we’re in a pinch. This unit has two defrost modes – one by weight and the other by time.
The LCD screen and touch button control panel/interface is pretty straight forward here. I’ve come across control panels on products that were nearly impossible to use and confused me upon first use. For quick cooking, there are 9 preset cooking functions: popcorn, potato, beverage, reheat, fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables, roast chicken, cake, and pizza.
For manual control you’ve got microwave, convection, convection roast, convection fast bake, grill/combo.
This Cuisinart microwave toaster oven comes with all of the essentials that you might need to include a reversible grilling rack and a rotating 12-inch glass tray.
What do the customers think?
Customers that are satisfied with this oven are happy with the units ease-of-use, size and versatility. It seems to be particularly favored by those living in tight quarters, i.e. small apartments/lofts. Some customers are happily surprised by the cost given the look and the functionality. I’ve come across some surprising customer photos of meals that you’d never believe came out of a toaster oven, let alone a microwave toaster oven combination.
There are some customers that have voiced their grievances, though. As I like to say, no product is without sin. In this case, the most concerning complaint is the amount of time that some customers claim that it takes for the unit to warm up – they then connect this to the power or rather the lack thereof.
These customers, however, may be unfamiliar with the processes of convection ovens. I have a very good convection oven and it takes a little while for it to warm up. I simply put the food in the oven while it’s heating up and adjust the time accordingly. Some may view this as a compromise but, it works.
Another serious complaint that I’ve come across several times was the clearance requirements. Technically you need 12” of top clearance which, for most folks, means that the microwave cannot be placed underneath overhead cabinets.
The warranty is 3-years
- Small compact design is perfect for those living in small places
- Affordable – especially considering the features
- Looks good – brushed stainless steel exterior
- Lots of cooking functions
- Multiple stage cooking – defrost, then bake, then grill automatically
- Some customers complain about a lack of power
- Clearance – you need 12-inches of top clearance
Click here for price and availability for Cuisinart CMW-200
Samsung MC11H6033CT Countertop Convection Microwave
This oven is a real all-in-one machine. It functions as a microwave, convection oven, and even a broiler. It offers a real space-saving solution and could be the perfect option for those short on space and funds. Find out if this model is the right one for you.
Design and Size
To look at this Samsung microwave, you would expect to pay more for it. It looks good in black and stainless steel. The modern look and feel of the exterior sees a long handle that spans the width of the door.
This model takes on more exterior features of an oven than you might expect. For one, the door is a drop down model. Also, this unit has a ceramic interior which is perfect for conducting heat. Another benefit is that ceramic is more scratch resistant and does not absorb odors of the food. This is important because foods will be cooking longer in this oven than they would in traditional microwave ovens (traditional ovens usually have a plastic interior).
It is sized to fit on your countertop. This is not an over-the-range model. I found very exact dimension measurements while researching this unit: 12-3/16 by 20-9/16 by 19-15/16 inches (HxWxL). The interior is a decent size, about 1.1 cubic feet. This is large enough to bake a whole chicken in it.
Control Panel and Interface
The control panel interface isn’t the most user friendly but I noticed that some customers point out that you will have to read through the manual to really figure things out.
There are buttons for the following cooking modes: “slim fry”, “popcorn”, “defrost”, “auto reheat/cook”, “convection”, “fast preheat”, “grill”, “microwave-grill”, “microwave-convection”, and “microwave”.
You use the dial to select the cooking time which is a lot easier than repeatedly pressing a button to increase or decrease the timer.
If there is any confusion, it would probably come from the “slim fry”, “microwave-grill”, and “microwave-convection” modes. These are explained in more detail below.
Get more details on the Samsung MC11H6033CT
Power and Performance
This model is rated at 1000 watts of power. Some customers complain that this lack of power means extended cooking times. The oven goes all the way up to 400-degrees which is good for cooking most dishes. Although there are some customers that complain that their unit overheats and then shuts down after reaching high temperatures. But, this could be due to a lack of proper clearance.
The slim fry setting is one that was new to me when researching this product. What I found was that this new function works like an air fryer. It uses a combination of microwave and convection – rapidly circulating hot air around the food. This cooks the food without additional moisture or oil.
This means that you end up with food that is crunchy and crispy rather than soft and mushy – which is the texture a microwave often produces. This function is mostly for foods that you wish to cook that are frozen, i.e. pre-fried foods like fries, wings, onion rings and the like. The reviews seem to be mixed for the slim fry function. But air fryers in general can work well to reheat fried food though.
The slim fry isn’t just one setting, it’s actually 9 (not including sub-options for weight). It actually sounds kind of confusing to use. This mode is for speed, but taste may be sacrificed. I’d opt to just use the convection setting.
We don’t really use our microwave oven too much except for frozen foods that call for it or if we want to quickly heat up food and we don’t feel like waiting for the toaster oven to heat up. This unit has settings that use a combination of microwave and grilling/convection. In essence, you get the quickness of microwaving and the crispiness that convection and grilling provide you.
This unit comes with a grilling rack, a glass turntable, and a ceramic perforated crisping pan.
The warranty is 1-year
What do customers think?
Customer experiences with this machine are pretty mixed. You would be wise to read through some reviews for this microwave oven before you decide to get it (although the same applies to any product that you buy). There are many customers who are happy with their choice and most notably the microwaving function of the machine.
But there are quite a few that report less than satisfactory experiences. The most consistent complaints are issues of durability. Some customers report having the machine shut down when it overheats. Others report that they need to extend the cooking times for common dishes because of the lack of power.
- Good looking microwave toaster oven
- Many different functions
- Slim fry improves the taste and texture of fried foods
- Combination cooking modes i.e. microwave-grill and microwave-convection
- Add 30-seconds feature
- Dial can be used to remove 10 seconds from the cooking time
- Ceramic-enamel interior is scratch and odor resistant
- A lot of durability complaints
- Bake function last just an hour
- Pull down door does not lay flat and can be difficult to remove pans from oven
- Not the most user friendly interface
Click here for price and availability on the Samsung MC11H6033CT
Samsung MC12J8035CT 1.
2 cu. ft. Countertop Convection Microwave – Stainless Steel, Black
I like the Samsung MC12J8035CT because it is a decent quality machine, which is hard to find when dealing with microwave toaster ovens. It has a larger capacity than the others on the list with 1.2 cubic feet. Like the model above this one will also broil and grill for you too.
Design & Size
This hybrid machine is big and bulky looking on the outside. It shapes like a traditional wall oven despite the fact that it operates as both. While you’re probably used to seeing the microwave toaster ovens that oven left to right, this one opens up and down.
It’s a good looking machine probably the best looking on this page. And it definitely looks huge. But, don’t be fooled, the dimensions are only 18.5 x 20.8 x 15.9 inches. Still it is best if you measure out your space before you chose one.
The control panel looks really slick with its modern looking blue display. The glass touch screen is very responsive (you won’t have to keep hitting the button over and over) and gives this machine a touch of class.
If you have an opening in your kitchen cabinet to store it then you may want to purchase a “trim kit”. This allows you to locate your oven in a place with limited ventilation.
Silver and black colors are standard fare for these kinds of machines and this model certainly fits that mode. If you’re like us and most of your stuff is stainless steel then you may not want another monotone piece. Just something to think about.
Get more details on the Samsung MC12J8035CT
Power and Performance
The grill part of this machine is very powerful with a maximum of 1600 watts of power. The larger grill heating elements help to provide a faster and more even cooking. This grill heater is very large which will brown your food without completely drying it out. On the flip side, the microwave’s 950 watts isn’t particularly impressive.
In this model you can actually pseudo fry (air fry) too. The function is called Slim Fry. It works with very little oil which helps to reduce unnecessary fat from your food.
The interior has a ceramic enamel coating which is scratch resistant and very easy to clean. As long as you don’t let the food stay baked on for days on end you should be able to simply use a damp cloth to clean the interior. But not only is this surface easy to clean but ceramic prevents the color from fading. So you end up with a microwave that looks newer longer.
There are 10 power levels which gives you a lot of flexibility in your cooking. And there are also 9 cooking presets: Power Convection, Convection, Combination, Auto Power Convection, Auto Cook, Microwave, Grill, Slim Fry, Warm/Hold, and Defrost. This gives you a lot of convenience and control. You can relax and simply press a couple of buttons to get your cooking started.
A big powerful machine is going to cost you in a lot of energy consumption. Well, to counter that fact, this model comes with an eco-button. This will help you to save energy and money. When you enable this “eco” mode, the unit goes to sleep. So there won’t be any background light from the LED display or backlit buttons until you press a button.
It comes with a roller ring, turntable, ceramic plate, low rack, and high rack.
What do the customers think?
The customer reviews for this machine are pretty much mixed. They don’t scream “you have to buy this product”. While customers love the modern look of this machine. They are also impressed with the grilling function and the convection oven. At least one happy camper loved the practical pull-down door design. And customers with space limitations are happy that they can save space by having an all-in-one kind of machine.
But the microwave part of this machine is a bit anemic. Some customers just can’t get over the lack of power coming from this machine. You see, 950 watts just isn’t that much. You really need to be at around 1100-watts to have a decently powered microwave oven.
- Glass on the exterior makes it look elegant
- Powerful grill with 1600-watts
- Lots of preset functions
- Ceramic enamel interior is scratch resistant
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use control panel
- Durability complaints
- Some folks think that the microwave function is under powered
- Fingerprints may show easily on glass
Benefits of a microwave toaster oven
Saves Space – In small kitchens – like my beautiful yet space challenged kitchen – you run out of a location to put stuff very quickly. So, once you have a microwave, an electric grill, a pressure cooker, microwave, convection oven, and vacuum sealer, there just isn’t much room for anything else. A microwave toaster oven combo is a practical way to save space.
Saves Money – A decent microwave is going to set you back about $200. A decent convection oven is going to cost you around the same. Fortunately a microwave convection oven combination fits into that price range.
Combination Cooking – If you come across enough toaster ovens you are certain to find at least one with combination cooking options. This combo is usually a microwave-convection or microwave-grilling option. This allows you to, for example, quickly cook your chicken pot pie with the microwave feature then finish it with the grill. You end up with a crispy crust.
Cons of Microwave toaster oven
Many folks complain about the lack of power in these machines and it’s true for the most part. Most of the reasonably priced convection ovens that I’ve come across are about 1000-watts of power. On the other hand you can find a decent stand-alone toaster oven or microwave with much more power than that.
Frequently asked Questions
Can you use metal cookware in these kinds of machines?
For units where you use both the microwave and toaster oven in the same space. You can use metal cookware or bakeware but you can’t use metal when the microwave functions are in operation. The interior is usually ceramic or porcelain enamel.
How much clearance will I need for a microwave toaster oven?
The answer to that question really depends on the microwave itself. I’ve come across ovens where the recommended clearance was 12 inches on the top and others required 8 inches. These recommended clearances are most likely based on design and laws.
Summary & Recommendation
If I were choosing between the microwave convection ovens on this page, I’d have to go with the Cuisinart CMW-200. It has a lot of features, a lot of good customer feedback. And it is more widely available than the other two models listed on this page. Customers even think that is a good looking machine. Overall, the Cuisinart CMW-200 has a combination of price and features that make it worth taking a chance on.
On the other hand, if you have the space, then you may consider getting these appliances separately. This will probably yield you the best results – as even the best microwave toaster oven combos that I came across have mixed reviews. Check out the Breville bov845bss for a great toaster oven option.
Microwave settings | Operation of the microwave oven
Many people are sure that in the microwave you can only warm up prepared food taken out of the refrigerator or defrost frozen convenience foods. But the functionality of modern models of microwave ovens is much wider. Microwaves are not limited to defrosting and reheating.
A multifunctional microwave oven performs various functions, actually replacing several devices: a stove with an oven or a hob with an oven, a dryer for fruits, vegetables and berries, a double boiler, a slow cooker and even a toaster. With the help of such household appliances, it is possible to heat cold food, defrost frozen foods, and cook meals. In this article, we will consider all the modes implemented in microwave ovens.
How all microwave ovens work: how they work
The microwave oven has a magnetron. This radiation source converts the electricity received from the network into electromagnetic waves. The latter, due to dielectric heating, accelerate polar molecules in substances. During intermolecular interaction, electromagnetic radiation is absorbed. During this process, the temperature of the heated substance rises.
Microwaves are a separate type of electromagnetic type of energy. Such waves have a short length and move very quickly, at the speed of a light flux. The movement of molecules, which occurs when exposed to electromagnetic radiation, does not affect either the structure of substances or their chemical composition. Microwaves moving at a certain frequency are completely safe and do not harm human health, do not destroy nutrients in food and do not provoke the formation of carcinogens.
Fact! The influence of the microwave field on food was discovered in the distant 45th year of the last century. Then in the United States, Percy Spencer, who worked as an engineer-inventor, set up experiments and studied the operation of a magnetron designed for military radar. There was a chocolate bar in the scientist’s pocket, which melted after testing the device. Further, the engineer has already deliberately directed the radiation to the corn kernels and received popcorn. The invention was patented only a year later, and at first the device had impressive dimensions and heavy weight – about 300 kg. In addition, the device was used only in the army and worked in two modes – heating and defrosting.
In conventional microwave ovens, the processing time is directly affected by the frequency of switching on and off the magnetron. In models with inverter technology, the wave source is not turned off. The inverter changes the working power, and the magnetron works continuously. Thanks to this system, microwave treatment is uniform, does not disturb the structure of food fibers and provides moderate energy consumption. Inverter ovens are also quieter and less likely to break down, and do not require frequent repairs.
Good to know! Microwaves with inverter technology are larger in size than standard models.
Power levels available
Most microwave ovens have five modes for which different power settings are set:
- Low power. The minimum indicators are only 10-15% of the maximum level. In English, this option has the designation “Law”. This is a low-temperature heat treatment, which is designed to keep the heat of the cooked dish or to warm up in a gentle mode products with a delicate texture.
- Below average. This is about 25 to 30% of the possible power. The designation of this regime in English is “Medium Law”. It is suitable for softening and melting hard cheese, chilled butter, ice cream, honey or chocolate. Also, the option can be used for slow heating of food. Sometimes it is called “Defrost”.
- Average power. This mode, in which about 50-60% of the microwave power is activated, is called slow boiling, denoted by “Medium”. The option is suitable for simmering, uniform heating, for stewing (for example, meat dishes), accelerated defrosting, slow and gentle frying, as well as for cooking dishes from milk, seafood and fish, for cooking various soups.
- Above average. This is about 70-80% of the maximum possible power. The mode in many models is designated “Medium High”, but it may be called “Frying” in another way. It is best used for frying chicken or other poultry, pork. Products are thermally processed without overdrying, they do not need to be monitored continuously and periodically mix the contents of the dishes. Also in this mode, you can experiment with baking, heat up cooked food quickly, evenly, but without boiling and active evaporation of the liquid. At above average power, it is possible to stew and make dishes with the addition of cheese, various sauces based on mayonnaise and sour cream. On the surface of the food you can get a thin crust.
- Full power, it is also maximum or “High”. 100% of the available energy is consumed, so maximum temperatures are reached. This mode is suitable for accelerated heating, as well as quick cooking with the addition of bacon, meat and fish products, fruits and vegetables. It is also possible to make drinks – brew fruit drinks and compotes, brew coffee or tea.
Useful information! The maximum output power depends on the specifications of the instrument. In modern models, this figure can reach 900-1000 watts, and in some advanced versions even 1100 watts.
In some models of microwave ovens, even more power modes are available. This is a range of values from 0 to 100% in steps of 10%:
- 0%. The magnetron providing heating is in an inactive state, that is, it is turned off.
- 10%. The option is suitable for slow, close to natural defrosting of delicate food with an easily damaged structure.
- 20%. In this mode, it is good to defrost fish, meat.
- thirty%. The power is optimally suited for universal defrosting, for example, frozen vegetables, semi-finished products, berries, fruits.
- 40%. The option is optimal for heating individual portions of food.
- 50%. With such power, you can simmer dishes, as well as quickly warm up ready-made food.
- 60%. The option is ideal for cooking, as well as stewing.
- 70%. Such power is sufficient for the full preparation of dishes from any products.
- 80%. Cooking at high temperatures, including baking, experimenting with baking.
- 90%. In this mode, it is possible to fry meat, vegetables, fish on the grill.
- 100%. Power at maximum. The option is suitable for bringing food to readiness or short-term browning of the surface, obtaining a crispy and crispy crust.
Usually the desired value is set either by turning the rotary knob marked “Power”, or by pressing the buttons.
Any microwave oven operates in microwave mode. The microwave function is provided for both solo models and combined multifunctional devices. The first are simple devices with a single source of heat treatment – a built-in magnetron. And more complex combined modifications have other parts of the design for an increased number of operating modes.
Microwave in a microwave is the effect of microwaves, due to which food is heated and defrosted. You can also cook simple dishes with this mode, such as toast, rice, boiled potatoes, hot sandwiches, some dough products. The microwave power can be set to one of several available levels.
In most models of microwave ovens, a grill is available – a special heater located in the upper part of the housing, the main task of which is to form a golden crust with a delicious crunch on the surface of meat, fish, vegetable and other dishes. There are microwave ovens with a grate and a rotating spit included in the kit. In such devices, you can cook large cauliflower inflorescences, potato tubers, large pieces or even whole carcasses of poultry, fish.
There are two types of grills:
- Standard – heating element. This is a metal heating tubular element in the form of a curved tube with a conductive thread inside. It is located above or behind, on the wall of the working chamber. A conventional heating element is able to heat up to high temperatures – about 500-800 degrees Celsius. There are models with movable heating elements that allow you to cover dishes with a uniform crust on all sides. And such heating sources are easier to maintain.
- Quartz, aka infrared. This lamp is a flask with a body made of quartz sand. Inside is a wire made of chromium-nickel alloy. The quartz grill is located, as a rule, behind the grate in the upper wall of the case. It uses less electricity than a standard heater and also coats food evenly. But the classic heating element is more powerful.
Tip! The grill mode, which is designated “Grill”, can be used both for a complete cooking cycle and for bringing to readiness after the completion of the main heat treatment.
Convection – what is this processing? The mode marked “Conv” involves hot air blowing due to the simultaneous operation of the ring heating element (usually located in the working chamber in the front wall or in the back) and the built-in fans. The convector provides uniform and fast cooking at temperatures up to 200 degrees.
In this mode, you can cook pizza and other pastries, including muffins, burgers, as well as meat, poultry, fish, vegetables. The surface is covered with a browned crust, but at the same time, juiciness, aromatic and taste qualities are preserved.
In functional microwave ovens, combined modes of operation are also implemented, that is, combinations of different heat treatment methods, for example:
- Grill microwaves. Possible names are “MW+Grill”, “Combi”, “Micro+Grill”. With a combination of grill heating and microwave mode, you can fry meat, fish, vegetables. If the power of the microwaves prevails over the degree of heating of the heating element or the quartz element, then the cooking process is faster, but the final quality of the finished dishes may be average due to the violation of the texture. If the grill works more actively than the microwave, then the procedure takes longer, but the taste in the end is better. A fried crust is also formed. In modern models, heating with an infrared lamp or heating element and microwave treatment proceed simultaneously. This format is suitable for uniform cooking of large quantities of fish, vegetables or meat. It is also possible to switch on the microwaves and the grill in sequence. In this case, the dish will cook faster and with a pronounced golden brown.
- Convection with microwave. The generally accepted designation in English is “MW+Conv”. This combination is universal and suitable for fish, vegetable and meat dishes, for baking. Products with a high water content work especially well. With this mode, you can get a cake, pie, casserole of fish, vegetables, cottage cheese or meat. The cooking process will be quick, and the dish will acquire a superficial crust.
- Grill with convection. This combination can be recognized by the designation “Grill+Conv”. The format is ideal if you need to quickly fry, for example, pieces of fatty meat or poultry. The mode is also suitable for pizzas with salami or other sausage fillings.
What does every microwave that works in defrost mode do? At low power, it heats a frozen product that has recently been removed from the freezer of the refrigerator. The simplest format available in all microwave ovens is defrosting by time. The user selects the mode, sets the exact time in minutes and seconds, starts the process and waits for it to finish. When finished, the device will emit an acoustic signal and automatically turn off. This option is suitable for fairly experienced housewives who know how much this or that food is defrosted without overcooking and overdrying.
For uninformed users, auto-defrost is provided by weight, and sometimes by type of product. In the first case, you need to enter the weight in grams so that the microwave oven independently determines the optimal time required for complete thawing. And in the second case, in addition to the mass, you also need to specify the type of food in the settings, for example, fish, berries, fruits, meat, seafood, vegetables, or something else.
Heating by food processing technology resembles the defrosting discussed above, but the process takes place with a higher power, albeit with a reduced time. It usually takes no more than a minute or less to heat a portion of food, depending on the desired final temperature.
In the usual version, the owner of the microwave oven simply selects the heating mode and sets the timer for a specific time, after which the device turns off and notifies about it with a sound signal. But new and current models of this year are equipped with an automatic heating mode, in which different options are available for certain types of food – meat, vegetables, potatoes, poultry, fish, pastries. Taking into account the type of product, a suitable power is selected, which ensures uniform heating, but does not spoil the texture and consistency.
There are models with a steam treatment mode – a double boiler function. With this format of cooking, a maximum of vitamins and other useful substances are preserved in food. And the food is juicy and nutritious.
Technically, you can steam in any microwave oven, for example, if you put a container of water under the grill grate with food placed on it. But in advanced models, the package includes a special container with a lid and bottom, which provides space for liquid. When heated by microwaves, water actively evaporates, and the resulting steam, penetrating into the structure of the food, brings it to readiness.
The keep warm function can be used to keep a freshly cooked dish in optimal condition without reheating it several times. For example, if you want to gather the whole family for dinner or expect guests and decide to cook food in advance, then turn on the mode and use it before serving. The microwave oven will heat the contents of the dishes at minimum power to a low temperature, which ranges from 60-80 degrees. Heating time can reach 90 minutes.
Other useful programs and functions
The possible modes of the microwave were discussed above. But there are additional options and programs that simplify life and make the use of the device as efficient and comfortable as possible. Consider their list:
- Auto programs for cooking dishes from different cuisines of the world: Russian, European, Asian, Italian, French and others. With these features, it is convenient and easy to work with traditional recipes: the user simply puts the necessary ingredients into the dishes, selects the desired program and waits for the results.
- Programs for the most popular dishes, such as pizza, potatoes (fried, mashed), pasta, fish, chicken drumsticks or other parts, popcorn, buckwheat or rice side dishes, casseroles, cereals, meatballs, drinks. Typically, each recipe is given a weight in grams to automatically determine the power and the exact processing time.
- Delay start, delayed start. This function will allow you to start the microwave process not at the moment, but at a certain time. For example, you can put a plate of pre-laid food in the oven before leaving for work. By programming the start at about the time of returning home, the user will receive a hot portion without any extra effort.
- Child protection. This is a control panel lock that prevents accidental changes to the previously specified settings by chaotic actions – pressing buttons or turning the knob by a child.
- Recipe programming. To make your favorite dish according to a well-known recipe, it is not necessary to set the settings every time. You can enter them once into the memory of the microwave oven, and then simply turn on the individual program, indicating the weight of the food. Taking into account the mass, the microwave will recalculate the time and power, but retain the sequence of switching on different modes. At will, the autoprograms can be deleted, replaced with new ones.
- Automatic cleaning (self-cleaning). The system is hydrolytic, pyrolytic and catalytic. In the first case, contaminants are removed by steam, in the second – by heating to high temperatures (all the dirt actually burns out, turns into ashes). Catalytic self-cleaning is a special internal coating of the working chamber, consisting of easy-to-clean enamel. On such a surface, fat, food particles and other food fragments do not settle and do not freeze due to splitting under the influence of microwave heating.
- Removing unpleasant odors. First you need to select the steam treatment mode, after placing a container of water in the chamber. After it is completed, the drying mode is automatically activated.
- Heating dishes. It can be reheated for perfect serving as well as the correct serving of hot, freshly cooked food.
- ECO mode. During standby, appliances connected to the electrical network consume less energy.
- Turbo defrost. Needed if you want to defrost frozen foods as quickly as possible, but without compromising quality.
What modes of control of microwave ovens exist? They can be divided into obsolete mechanical, electronic-mechanical and fully electronic. It is also possible to designate 4 types of control systems:
- Mechanical. Power and time are set by rotary simple regulators, which rotate on their axis and are placed at certain scale marks. This option is usually used in solo microwaves.
- clock. The power value and the amount of time required are set with the buttons. Each press – the transition to the next degree of heating or time interval. This mode, like the first one, can also be found in simple models that operate only in the microwave format.
- Push-button. By clicking on one or another button, you can select a mode or program, set additional processing parameters (power, time).
- Touch. The control of such household appliances for the kitchen requires only light touches on sensitive sensors. The principle is similar to the push-button system, but the panel elements are hidden behind a tempered glass cover.
- Combined. There are buttons / sensors, and rotary controls. The last thing you need to adjust the power of the microwaves and the time of the procedure. And by pressing the buttons, the owner selects modes, auto programs and special conditions for cooking, heating or defrosting.
What else to look for when choosing and buying a microwave
The main functions of household kitchen appliances are not the only selection criterion. There are other important features to consider as well:
- Type of instalation. All microwave ovens are divided into built-in and freestanding. The first ones take up less space and are built into the interior due to installation in the kitchen set. And free-standing models can be placed in any area of \u200b\u200bthe kitchen.
- Internal volume. Indicated in liters, characterizes the amount of food that can be reheated, defrosted or cooked in one cycle.
- Size. According to the dimensions of the microwave are divided into compact small, standard and large. The larger the size, the more space the device occupies, the more impressive the volume of its working chamber. You also need to remember that multifunctional appliances with convection, grilling and other features are larger due to the design with additional parts.
- Materials. As a rule, the body is made of reliable stainless steel, the turntable, if provided, is made of glass. Grid and spit steel. If the kit includes additional accessories, they can be glass, ceramic or plastic.
- Chamber coating: ceramic (bioceramic), classic steel or enamelled.
- Door: hinged with opening to the side (to the left or right, sometimes with the possibility of re-hanging) or folding.
- Opening the door: by the handle or by pressing a special button.
- Door glazing. If it is multi-layered, then the surface of the frontal part of the case practically does not become hot. This reduces the risk of burns.
- The presence of a display. It displays the operating parameters of the device, and with this feature it is convenient to monitor the process.
- Manufacturer. The more famous the brand, the wider the range, the more reliable the equipment.
- Included accessories: dishes, grill spit, wire rack.
The microwave oven can be used for a variety of purposes. And if you choose and apply the main and additional modes and functions correctly, you can expand your capabilities and not only defrost and reheat, but also cook many dishes. In our online store you can find a microwave oven, which will actually become an indispensable assistant. Helpful tips to help you make the right choice.
Overview of microwave ovens with additional functions
Recently, microwave ovens are increasingly used in combination with other appliances, turning into a sort of microwave combines. Here’s what you can get from such bold combinations.
Sometimes the microwave oven dries out some dishes slightly. To avoid this shortcoming, they are combined with steam ovens. The result is an appliance that works much more efficiently than a steam oven or just a microwave oven on its own. Products warm up stronger and cook 2-3 times faster than in a traditional double boiler.
In addition, the participation of steam in microwave cooking allows you to keep the juiciness and natural texture of the products, leaves a more natural taste.
Humidity sensors detect when the water boils at the bottom of the steam tank, automatically maintaining the power level needed to maintain a slow boil for the entire set time.
Cooking time and microwave power are set automatically by the oven according to the weight of the food. Examples of this combination are Whirlpool’s Steamer Microwave Oven and Samsung’s new Aqua range of microwave ovens.
The Italian company De’Longhi was one of the first microwave oven manufacturers to create an oven with Italian recipes embedded in its memory. The oven is able to fully cook these dishes by itself, you just have to put the right amount of prepared ingredients into its chamber and indicate their weight.
Now there are other companies that have equipped their microwave ovens with automatic cooking recipes. But the De’Longhi MW 675F1 model still holds the lead, it stores 92 recipes, a whole cookbook!
This weight-based automatic cooking function has been adopted by many microwave oven manufacturers. For example, Samsung Magic Bio series microwave ovens have an electronic memory that has 15 recipes built in, including microwave/grill, microwave/convection, and microwave/steam.
Daewoo offers microwave ovens with five or nine weight-based automatic cooking recipes, as well as separate automatic programs using the BBQ and Pizza grills.
Panasonic models have up to 8 automatic recipes based on the weight of the food, 2 Daewoo models have five and nine automatic recipes.
Sharp produces a whole line of models with automatic microwave cooking programs, including programs for traditional Russian dishes especially for Russian users: dumplings, dumplings, pancakes, fried potatoes, mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs.
Sharp models can have from 8 to 27 types of automatic cooking programs, sometimes they can be supplemented with the Pizza program (cooking time for frozen pizza is 8 minutes) and Crispy Snack (5 options).
The possibility of programming your favorite recipes is attractive. The cooking program of your favorite recipe can be entered into the oven’s memory, and it will be accurately executed every time after pressing just one key.
So LG releases a model with twenty ready-made recipes for automatic cooking plus the ability to store three of your favorite recipes in the oven’s memory. Some Panasonic and Samsung microwave ovens are able to “remember” 1 or 2 recipes.
Bosch and Siemens microwave ovens equipped with the QuantumSpeed system have up to 33 automatic cooking programs plus the ability to store up to 6 of your favorite cooking programs.
As you can see, no microwave oven has surpassed De’Longhi’s “cookbook” in the number of recipes. Most likely, this is not necessary, because according to statistics, the hostess usually uses no more than a dozen recipes in practice. In addition, now there is a new opportunity to replenish the “cookbook” of the microwave oven with exactly the recipes that interest you. And in any quantity. This is discussed in the next section.
LG Electronics launched a microwave oven equipped with a communication port for Internet access to the Russian market. The interactive mode in the network is carried out thanks to the multi-line LCD display (its size is 80×52.2 mm).
Moreover, there is no need for constant access to the Internet, it is enough to connect from time to time so that the oven loads the recipes of dishes you have chosen into its memory. According to these programs, the microwave oven itself sets the cooking time and power levels for the selected dish.
LG Electronics has opened a website for servicing its Internet equipment. From it, you can download to the memory of the Internet oven, for example, recipes for the season, as well as information about the calorie content of each dish for diet lovers. A microwave oven with Internet access can constantly expand its functions and improve its (and yours!) Professional level.
Daewoo has also created the information technology for Internet access of the convection microwave grill.
+ Hot light
Compact oven with QuantumSpeed light wave technology from Siemens. This novelty is designed for fast cooking, which is achieved thanks to the unique combination of heating elements, the use of light energy and microwaves. A similar model is now produced by Bosch.
LG Electronics has created a Solar DOM oven – “Solar Dome”, which, along with traditional heating elements (grill, convection, microwaves), uses a halogen emitter. Its spectrum is very close to the spectrum of sunlight and has a powerful infrared component, which is effectively absorbed by the food being cooked.
When the stove is in operation, through the tinted glass of the door, bright oblique rays, similar to the sun, are clearly visible diverging in a dome. It is no coincidence that the mirror inner surface of the spacious chamber has a semi-cylindrical shape.
This “lens” focuses heat and microwave radiation on the food being cooked for maximum results. Cooking time is reduced by 4 times, and energy consumption is reduced by 50 percent.
+ Kitchen air cleaner
The German company Bauknecht was the first to develop the original MicroTandem model, where a microwave oven mounted above the hob also serves as a cooker hood. It acts as a hood both during the operation of the oven and when cooking on the hob below it.
Built-in microwave extractor operates in flow and circulation modes with a very good performance of 530 m3/h. There are 3 power levels.
A similar range hood microwave oven is manufactured by Samsung. They operate only in circulation mode and have 2 power levels. The hob lighting is built into the lower plane of the appliance.
+ Other amenities
Among the latest innovations, LG’s new microwave combined with a toaster for toasting slices of bread is a hit with customers.
The capabilities of quite a few ovens are extended by a horizontal spit located diagonally across the chamber, or a vertical spit with several skewers.