Which TV Brands Last the Longest? 
Shopping for a TV can be pretty difficult, considering the number of TV brands and their numerous products in the market. While many consumers focus on the design and audio, they forget to check one essential factor: durability.
However, it’s not easy identifying the longest-lasting TV brands. For this reason, our experts will list TV brands with an amazing lifespan.
Top TV Brands That Can Withstand the Test of Time
Not all TV brands are durable. If you plan on spending hours in front of your TV, you must purchase one that has an excellent lifespan. These are the best durable TV brands currently.
Samsung is arguably the most popular brand globally and the de facto leading company in consumer electronics. Samsung TVs are costly but best rated due to the number of features. Samsung TVs feature QLED technology that offers bright and high-quality images with good contrast.
QLED (Quantum Dot Light Emitting Diode) utilizes quantum dots or tiny particles to create clean light that emits pictures. So, you can enjoy watching your HD movies seamlessly.
(For brand comparison, you can check how we pitted Samsung TV against TCL here)
Sony is another electronics manufacturing giant that produces reliable TVs with excellent features. While Sony doesn’t use QLED like their Samsung counterparts, the company makes use of OLED. OLED technology produces sharper images with good contrast.
OLED technology emits its light, allowing more light control on the screen. This makes Sony TVs’ picture quality unique.
(If you want to know how Sony compares with other brands, you can check our detailed comparison of Sony X950H vs Samsung Q80T here)
If you are an ardent gamer, LG TVs are your ideal choice. LG produces premium-quality TVs that make use of the latest technology for superb picture clarity. Like Sony, LG uses Organic LED technology, so you should expect a perfect contrast and quality display.
Most importantly, you should expect products made by this brand to last for a long time.
Some consumers vote Panasonic as the longest-lasting TV brand in the market. This brand has been around for decades. Panasonic TVs feature an extensive color pallet, good contrast output, and an OLED panel that creates theater-like displays.
See Also: Best 85-Inch TVs
Contributing Factors to a TV’s Longevity
A TV’s longevity is based on several factors. An exceptionally-looking TV with a large resolution may not have a good lifespan. Below are the factors that contribute to a TV’s longevity.
As our technical engineers mentioned, TV brands with the highest longevity are Samsung, Sony, LG, and Panasonic. However, you can find other affordable brands that could give you several years of use if well maintained. These brands include Sharp and Vizio.
TVs use specific technologies to emit pictures. These technologies directly impact the longevity of the TV. Most TVs in the market use LCD and LED technology to emit light. LEDs tend to be better because the light-emitting diodes create clearer images .
LED comes in two parts for Samsung TVs: OLED and QLED. OLED TVs have an excellent lifespan and offer a better colorful display than QLED. According to our TV professionals, most of these TVs last for between five to seven years.
The build quality contributes to the product’s longevity. A TV built with low-quality components will fade in no time. On the other hand, a TV constructed with quality components would last for several years.
Regardless of how well constructed or technologically advanced a TV is, it might not last beyond a few years if you don’t maintain it well. Maintenance is necessary for increasing the lifespan of your TVs. Ensure you clean it, switch it off when not in use, and reduce the backlight.
(For affordable options, here is also our list of high-quality Westinghouse TVs you can consider)
How to Extend Your TV’s Lifespan: Tips and Reminders
You wouldn’t want to replace a TV you bought for hundreds of dollars after some months to a year of use. While no one expects their TVs to last for a lifetime, you can at least extend their lifespan. Here are some tips and reminders you should have in mind.
Set your TV to Energy Saving to minimize energy. Don’t expect the picture quality to be clear when in this mode.
If you can’t change the TV’s mode, modify the brightness level. You can do this by simply changing the setting to “Home.”
Don’t install the TV in a sunny environment or near heat-generating pieces of equipment. The heat and rays could affect the TV components.
Keep your TV in a properly ventilated environment.
Don’t place the TV too close to the ground to prevent specks of dust from entering the TV.
Your TV could explode when an unexpected power surge occurs. Therefore, you need to use a voltage regulator.
Switch off your TV when you are not watching instead of leaving it on standby.
Your TV’s durability is a vital factor you must consider during a purchase. If you want a TV that will stand the test of time, our technical team recommends these longest-lasting TV brands.
These brands aren’t only known for their longevity but design and latest feature offerings. With the maintenance tips listed here, you can even get more years out of your TV.
Best LED TV Brands | List of Top LED Television Companies
#5 Caribou Coffee Company, Inc.
on The Best Packaged Coffee Brands
on The Best Luggage Brands, Ranked by Travelers
Gadgets & GizmosLists about electronics and other things that click, beep, blink, and can be switched on/off.
A complete, ranked list of LED TV brands that include the most reliable models available. The best LED televisions include those made from major manufacturers of home electronics, including LG, Sony, Vizio, Samsung and more. All of the different types of televisions can be confusing. LED televisions are usually flatscreens and big screens.
Technically speaking, an LED TV is also an LCD TV, as the screen on both is a liquid crystal display and both are backlight televisions. The light of the TV comes from a series of lamps at the back of the screen. Because of this, there is a lot of crossover between popular LED television brands and the best LCD TV brands. On an LCD TV, the lamps at the back of the screen are fluorescent lamps, whilst on an LED TV the lights at the back of the screen are Light Emitting Diodes (LED).
So what are the best LED television brands? If you want the best in picture quality among LED TVs, technically it will have to be one that has full-array back lighting with local dimming. The individual zones of LEDs can be dimmed or brightened independently, making it more flexible and suitable to an individual’s taste and preference. The items on this have been ranked according to customer preference. Users looking for a new LED TV will want to research a variety of different brands to find the one that best suits their needs, based on quality and features. Check out this list before you buy your next flat screen, and you’ll be sure to pick the right TV from the best company.
Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYRanker may collect a commission from links on this page.Ranked by
Overview of the TOP-10 rating of the best TV manufacturers
Realistic image, sound with stereo effects, fast loading of content and minimum thickness – these are the parameters of a suitable modern TV. Knowing this, brands, in pursuit of popularity and recognition, improve the performance and characteristics of equipment. The reputation of the manufacturer, the internal policy of the company, the approach to manufacturing products are significant factors and answers to the question of which TV company to choose. How not to miscalculate and buy a TV in Kyiv, which will serve as reliable and modern equipment, find out from the rating of the top 10 TV manufacturers.
More brightness and realism – that’s what Samsung TVs offer. New technologies with QLED quantum dots with true black and white colors have taken the world by storm. The South Korean brand has created a technique that transmits color 100%, without distortion and interference in the transmission of audio and video signals. This popular manufacturer annually releases improved models for the picky user. At the same time, the assortment of previous years remains at the level and is in demand.
Why choose Samsung TV equipment
- Natural color reproduction. Quantum dot technology makes the picture alive and complete. The colors become contrasting, the transitions of tones and shadows are clearly visible on the screen.
- 10-bit display and 64 times better color reproduction than other brands’ TVs.
- The brand created the world’s first curved TV to improve viewing angles.
- TVs distinguish background, main, distant objects and create a three-dimensional picture with the effect of live presence.
- Smart TVs that connect to the Internet and quickly work with content do not require a full file download to start watching.
- The presence of models of different pricing policies and functionality – everyone will find a device for individual needs.
Samsung appliances have long won a place in the market: the product meets scientific progress and quality standards.
See also: How to choose a TV: advantages and disadvantages of different types of LCD TVs
If the question is which brand is better to buy a TV, then you can not forget about this Korean manufacturer. LG TVs are distinguished by the fact that they do not use foreign technologies and owe all the advantages to personal development. The result of the image is in no way inferior to the previous brand, but completely different technical characteristics are taken as the basis. This approach to work makes the manufacturer deservedly popular.
4 reasons to buy LG TV:
- Triple XD Engine – a unique processor that controls image quality (brightness, clarity, contrast), as well as suppresses unnecessary noise and removes interference.
- Extra sub-pixel technology makes colors accurate, vibrant and pleasing to the eye. After processing, the picture becomes better and more realistic.
- Detailed picture. A special system of Direct lighting highlights important moments and does not forget about background elements. Shadows, splashes and other previously invisible details are revealed in a new way, as in the LG 43LH570V TV.
- A special operating system, which differs from others in the maximum simplification of management. To understand smart technology, 5 minutes of intuitive use is enough. The OS works quickly and smoothly, and access to video, audio content and applications does not require a lot of traffic.
Movie nights at home on the big screen are more fun and enjoyable. LG TVs are designed for those who want to see every detail.
Sony televisions were the first to appear in the post-Soviet space and are still on everyone’s lips. Therefore, fans of the brand’s technology do not even wonder which company to choose a TV – they immediately buy the products of this brand. The reason for the popularity is a long time on the market, during which the technique has proven its quality. Sony has proprietary technologies for working with images, transforming them into the best quality. What else is the secret of the brand’s success?
- Reliability of hardware and hardware. The manufacturer does not need to convince to buy products – users believe in the quality of equipment and willingly buy. New items become the protagonists of reviews and articles, and the brand does not have to advertise TVs much.
- The TRILUMINOS display is a development that significantly expands the color range during image transmission. This means that the picture becomes realistic and reflects the slightest changes in tones and shades.
- LED-backlight – raising the picture to another level. This is the solid model SONY 43XE8096.
- Noise reduction, content analysis to increase brightness, contrast and clarity.
- Using Android OS. It is very simple and convenient, because everyone is familiar with this system. All content is quickly located and synchronized with other devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
Manufacturer Sony creates a technique that is a pleasure to watch movies, series, search for entertainment content and connect other devices.
See also: CES-2017: Sony introduced new models with 4K support.
Not so popular, but no less high-quality and modern PHILIPS TVs also deserve attention. The lineup is distinguished by a combination of price and quality due to the absence of the need to overpay for the brand. The range consists of budget versions and expensive TVs with technologies that are ahead of successful manufacturers.
- Detailed and bright image at a fair price. The brand does not overprice equipment, and therefore the devices are considered affordable.
- Processor that restores and improves signal delivery, removes interference. This means that even analog TV will be shown in HD quality.
- The interaction of manufacturer’s innovations provide realism to the picture without repetition of other people’s technologies.
- Amblight enhances image brightness and contrast. This function guarantees the naturalness of the picture better than others and is only used in the models of this brand.
- Color rendition with a wide range of colors makes content pleasing to the eye.
PHILIPS TVs are a reliable budget option for a variety of purposes. The lineup consists of simple TVs with a small screen and smart devices with a larger diagonal. The brand invites everyone to find a TV for themselves with a comfortable pricing policy.
See also: A reliable device at an affordable price
Watch entertainment content in a convenient format with SHARP TVs. The Japanese manufacturer differs from other brands in personal developments, which are sold at a loyal price. The company offers features for low-budget and mid-priced models. Although this is not a popular manufacturer, but the products are worth paying attention to.
- Reliability of technology. The brand has been producing TVs since 1953 and during this time managed to declare the high quality of technical and hardware.
- Ace Pro picture and sound enhancement technology delivers clear, detailed picture without blur or noise
- Cinematic sound. Televisions transmit clear sound without interference, highlighting distant notes.
- Synchronization of PCs and smartphones with TV for file transfer.
- Improving the picture by scaling and analyzing. The result is a high-quality and realistic image
- The brand was the first in the world to come up with LCD devices, and therefore TVs use high-speed panels with the Active Motion function.
- Firmware with Aquos Net+ OS makes content search convenient and fast. The user gets access to video and audio files, as well as applications and web surfing on the big screen.
With a small budget and high requirements, TV equipment from a Japanese company will be a suitable option.
See also: How to choose an LCD TV: useful tips
Interesting and reliable ERGO TVs – you can watch them forever. The company specializes in creating simple, but multifunctional devices with different pricing policies. Economical TVs meet European quality standards. The brand and its headquarters are located in one country, and production facilities in another. When asked who the manufacturer of ERGO TVs is, the correct answer is the UK, although they assemble equipment in China and Turkey.
- Low price policy. The company focuses only on important elements, creates an acceptable and desirable minimum at an affordable price. The quality of the parts does not suffer, the TVs work for years on end.
- Simple operation. The device is devoid of complex functions, and therefore acquaintance and getting used to it takes little time.
- Brightness and contrast of the image without blowout. TVs cope with viewing dynamic pictures due to the high frequency. This means that the viewer will see the details during the transmission of the signal.
- Clear sound – to listen to music and watch movies without connected speakers – the built-in speakers are enough.
- Versatile design. Ergonomic TVs fit into the interior without drawing attention to themselves. So, an inexpensive ERGO LE21CT2000AK TV will not violate the integrity of a complex and sophisticated interior.
Televisions in the English tradition for the modern user – do not overpay for unnecessary features!
See also: How to choose the right TV for your home?
Modern features at affordable prices – a brief description of KIVI TVs that incorporate interesting features from other brands. The lineup consists of TVs of standard sizes (32-65 inches). Among the assortment are representatives of budget and expensive devices, because the brand focuses on the target audience.
- Bright and contrast pictures in HD resolution and higher. The manufacturer makes the pleasure of watching movies affordable by equipping simple models, such as the Kivi 32HX10S, with new display technologies for image transmission. A wide range of colors for a detailed and vibrant image.
- Loud and clear sound from built-in speakers.
- Reliable and thin case in two variations (graphite and gold), which looks good in any interior solutions.
- Not the latest, but productive OS Android 4.4. quickly and easily find the content you need and sync with your tablet and phone.
- A special pointer with a cursor is used to control smart technologies.
- TVs have an interesting and user-friendly interface design, which will take a couple of minutes to get acquainted with.
TVs of this brand do not offer innovation, but make the achievements of successful manufacturers available to average users.
See also: What is the difference between LED and LCD?
An old-timer in the electronics world introduces Panasonic TVs, which take a new approach to LCD panels. The equipment is distinguished by reliability and durability, the manufacturer guarantees that the models are fully designed for +50,000 hours of operation. A realistic picture and high-quality sound are far from all the features why this brand is chosen.
- Smooth motion pictures without loss of quality, resolution or judder.
- Colorful, bright and contrasting pictures for any content format.
- Wide, almost surround sound to recreate the atmosphere of what is happening on the screen. This is possible due to the special processing of the audio signal, cleansing it from distortion.
- On the TV you can view photos and videos, thanks to the built-in media player. You can also watch files from external hard drives via the USB port.
- TVs can be connected to other devices such as telephone, laptop, camera, and so on.
- Expensive models are equipped with “smart” technologies that give the user instant access to files from other devices. They can also be used to view images from video cameras in security services.
The company created and produced the world’s first color CRT TV, which became famous in its time. Further work with modern technologies went on, and in 2004 the first plasma panel was released. Since then, the production capacity has crossed the line of 300,000 models, which is much more than other brands. This means that thousands of people trust the manufacturer, and for good reason.
Interesting to read: New Panasonic Viera technologies in 2015: high quality, bright picture
Elenberg TVs are products that are not yet very popular on the Ukrainian market. To choose the right brand to take equipment, you need to familiarize yourself with this manufacturer. It also deserves attention, because for a low cost it offers large diagonal sizes. What else interesting has the Russian manufacturer of equipment prepared?
- High picture quality, the image is bright and contrasting, does not light up. The signal is transmitted without distortion or interference.
- Low power consumption during operation. This means that constant viewing of content in high quality will not be a burden on the budget. If we compare models with the same display size from different manufacturers, then this technique is more economical to use.
- USB ports for connecting other devices, synchronizing them and viewing files.
- Transmit your PC signal to a big screen using HDMI. It is convenient and removes unnecessary wires, because this function transmits audio and video signals equally well.
- Elegant panel design. This TV looks good on the wall or on a stand in any room.
Despite these advantages, the manufacturer falls short of previous brands either in cost or functionality. For the amount of the model of this manufacturer, you can pick up something modern from the range of other companies. This technique is not entirely suitable for the Ukrainian user.
See also: What is the difference between a plasma TV and LED
Ukrainian Romsat TVs are designed to meet the user’s needs for good image quality at a low price. Moreover, each model corresponds to modern signal transmission technologies. The brand does not pretend to be a premium segment, but for a small and medium budget this is a great option. Users get good value for money, quality and reliability.
- Available in different sizes, both standard and very small (24 inches, eg Romsat 24HSMTT16052T2).
- Despite the low cost of the models, there is still a backlight for the brightness and contrast of the picture.
- The screen refresh rate is at a sufficient level, even higher than that of popular brands at the same cost of equipment. This setting means that dynamic content is also well detailed.
- Each TV has HD resolution and higher, depending on the pricing policy of the individual instance.
- There is a function for recording programs from the screen.
- Even the lowest budget TV has a built-in tuner to access more content.
- The light weight of the TV allows you to easily hang it on the wall. The body harmoniously looks in the interior of the room.
- Dolby technology provides excellent loud sound without noise.
- USB ports for connecting devices and exchanging files – convenient and multifunctional operation of equipment.
The Ukrainian brand has not yet taken a leading position in the market, but its characteristics are worthy of attention for choosing a TV with a limited budget.
Which TV should I choose?
For users with large financial resources, the best choice will be the flagship – Samsung, LG and Sony. These TVs provide much more than just watching files, they give you the feeling of going to the cinema. Viewers who care more about the cost of a TV than its modern “stuffing” will find options among lesser-known brands, such as SHARP.
Who makes the best TVs – choosing a manufacturer
Often there are questions about who makes the best TVs. Is it possible to answer it unequivocally at all? Is there a brand whose devices are definitely higher class than the competition? Already at the start, you can clearly state that no – each manufacturer has better and worse models. The point is that strengths and weaknesses tend to be the same (or at least similar).
Depending on what is your priority, the offer of a particular company may actually be more attractive. This, in turn, allows you to narrow down the list of TVs to consider when looking for the best one for you.
Was Rubin-714 the first TV set to broadcast an image in color? He was also known for his propensity for spectacular breakdowns. For example, it could suddenly catch fire without the preliminary appearance of smoke.
Let us only emphasize that the following statements are in the nature of a generalization, that is, they are formulated on the basis of tests of the most representative TV sets of this brand. This means that there will be exceptions (good and bad) – as in life.
Best color televisions
In this category, the situation is rather complicated, since it is necessary to take into account not only the color accuracy (i.e. deviation from the reference), but also color degradation when viewed at an angle other than perpendicular to the screen (so-called wide or narrow viewing angles ), the number of possible color mappings (8-bit or 10-bit color), and the size of the mapped color space (sRGB, DCI, Rec.2020).
It’s hard to point to a strong favorite when it comes to color accuracy, because different models from the same manufacturer vary significantly in this characteristic.
As far as the range of colors is concerned, the differences between brands are also not very large. In terms of color quality, OLED TVs perform best, with IPS coming in second, so LG’s is the most recommended brand in that category.
Black and Contrast TVs
OLED TVs currently have the best (ie darkest) black and highest contrast ratio. Until recently, the choice was limited, but in recent years – a time of change, and an increasing number of manufacturers rely on such panels.
The “King of OLED” is definitely LG, but due to the fact that LG display panels are also used by other brands (Panasonic, Sony or Philips) – you can count on TVs under these brands for deep blacks and “infinite” contrast .
Next comes the VA type LCDs and finally the IPS LCD. We can find high contrast VA panels in Samsung and Sony’s most expensive series. In turn, Panasonic and LG use IPS on their LCDs.
Let’s add that the local turning off of the LEDs also has a positive effect on the contrast in LCD TVs. In recent years, you can see the tendency of manufacturers to reduce the number of zones in such systems (especially Sony), but thanks to a more advanced control system, in the end, the effect remains good.
High contrast and vibrant colors are also an effect of HDR (high dynamic range). The best effect can be achieved when the TV is characterized by high brightness and supports one of the two main formats: HDR10+ or Dolby Vision. In this regard, Panasonic and Philips stand out, which since 2019years in their most advanced models offer support for both standards.
Best TVs for motion reproduction
The best motion display (i.e. dynamic resolution) is provided by TVs equipped with a 120- or 240-Hz VA matrix and an effective backlight modulation system and / or a dark / black frame insertion (DFI) mode /BFI). The latter effectively reduces blurring on the retina of our eye (although it causes a significant reduction in image brightness).
In this regard, TVs from Samsung and Sony, which have both VA matrices and efficient DF systems, offer the highest quality of motion sharpness display, Panasonic is slightly behind.
Despite the lower dynamic resolution, LG’s OLEDs aren’t that bad because there are no issues like blurring, edge multiplication, dirty screen effects, or uneven backlighting (clouding), and a screen without the typical LCD layers gives more a crisp still image with better focus and depth, which in itself is the best starting point for moving images.
Best TVs by input lag
One of the most important TV parameters for gamers is input lag or signal delay. Among smaller TVs, well below 50 inches, Sony rules (for example, the 43-inch XF7005 offers an input lag of 17.3ms for a comfortable gaming experience).
As far as larger TVs go, LG and Samsung are vying for dominance (mainly in the 6xxx to 8xxx series), which have latencies of just over 10ms (as if they didn’t exist). More information on choosing a TV for gaming can be found here.
Best Smart TV
Smart TV functionality is one of the most important TV features nowadays. In a time when television has less and less to offer, the possibility of using the device for other purposes depends on it. The Smart TV system allows you to use various types of information, entertainment and, above all, multimedia applications (such as Netflix or YouTube). It also provides intuitive operation, easy-to-access configuration options and the ability to connect to, for example, a smartphone.
In terms of Smart TV, certain TV brands differ quite a bit. On Sony and Philips TVs, users can use the Android TV system, Samsung has its own Tizen-based Smart Hub, LG offers webOS, and Panasonic has MyHomeScreen. Each of these solutions has its pros and cons.
The strongest Android pages are undoubtedly the large number of available applications, an efficient search engine and an interface that is well known to everyone. On the other hand, the problem of lack of resources often manifests itself in the operation of such a TV.
The speed of action and perceived simplicity, in turn, is a great advantage of MyHomeScreen. Unfortunately, the capabilities of this system leave much to be desired.
Good performance, wide configuration options and perhaps not very low, but also not necessarily a satisfactory number of applications are common characteristics of Tizen (Smart Hub) and webOS systems.
The latter works particularly well thanks to its very intuitive operation – whether you use the arrows on the remote control or your own voice. It is worth noting that LG TVs have an AI-based assistant that you can talk to.
The best TVs by interface
All leading manufacturers offer a similar set of basic ports. In any case, buyers can count on 2-4 HDMI connectors and 2-3 USB connectors. Interestingly, in 2018, only Sony and Panasonic decided to add USB 3.0 connectors – LG and Samsung settled on the “2.0” era.
The standard also offers built-in TV tuners: DVB-T/T2 (digital terrestrial TV), DVB-S/S2 (satellite TV) and DVB-C/C2 (cable TV). It is also not surprising that there are WiFi modules that allow wireless Internet connection (required for full use of the Smart TV system). These are common features of all manufacturers.
The best sound TVs
The sound quality in TVs always leaves much to be desired. Manufacturers strive to create attractive devices in ultra-thin cases, where it is difficult to place powerful speakers. In many cases, it becomes necessary to purchase a home audio system, or at least a sound bar.